Don’t we all wish we had that silky smooth look to our hair? With a smoothening hair treatment, your hair can look glamorous at all times! So we take the pain and go to the salon to get the smoothening treatment. But that’s not it! It is extremely important to take care of your mane in the right way after you have got the hair smoothening treatment. Fret not, we are here to help you take care of your hair with these few simple tips. All you need to do is follow them to make sure that the silky touch lasts longer.
1. Immediately After The Smoothening Treatment:
While you are bouncing with joy and making your way back to home don’t forget to have a few pointers in mind as aftercare. These are essential to make the most of the hair smoothening treatment.
– Make sure your hair isn’t wet for at least 48 hours. Any water can add to a crinkle in your newly done treatment.
– Keep that rubber band away from your hair. It leaves kinks that stay permanently. Also, do not tuck your hair behind your ears.
– Be careful while sleeping as it will mess up your hair. Be sure to keep it straight!
2. Three Days After The Hair Smoothening Treatment
When you get chemical treatments done, it becomes all the more important to take care of your mane. With the perfect hair care routine, you can make your smoothened hair last much longer.
– Now it’s time for you to wash your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner. Make sure to leave the conditioner on your hair for a longer time. Stay clear from hot water as it will rip off moisture from your hair.
– Follow the hair wash with a leave-in cream, this will moisturize your hair and get rid of frizz. Avoid using a hairbrush and instead opt for a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair after the wash.
– Apply a hair pack onto your hair to give your hair those nutrients it needs. This will leave it looking soft and healthy as ever.
3. Fifteen Days After The Hair Smoothening Treatment
So it has been a while that you got the hair smoothening treatment and are enjoying your shiny smooth hair. But don’t forget that this is also the time you take care of your hair from the inside and the outside.
– Eat right! Lots of fruits, vegetables and dairy products give your hair that shine and volume.
– Don’t use any heat on your hair at all! If you need to blow dry your hair, only use the cold blast.
– Many chemicals go into smoothening your hair. Make sure not to highlight or colour your hair for the next 6 months. Visit the salon only to trim your hair as this will ensure in getting rid of the split ends and leave you with a healthy looking mane.
Are you wondering if you should oil your hair after smoothening?
It is important to use a hair serum and condition your hair daily. When it comes to oiling, it is advised to not apply oil to your hair for at least 10–12 days after the smoothening treatment. When you do oil you mane, apply the oil overnight then wash it properly using a good shampoo and conditioner, the following morning.
As much as you love to flaunt your smooth tresses, it is always great to style them once in a while and what better way than going for some Easy Updos To Keep Your Hair In Place