5 Curly Hair Myths That Aren’t True
Are you doing what’s right for your curls? We hear so many hair tips from others and follow them blindly! Well, it’s time to break away from these myths and do what’s right to get those curls locked in safely! 5 Curly Hair Myths That Aren’t True
1. You can’t have short hair Just because you have curly or wavy hair doesn’t mean you can’t go short! With so many new haircutting techniques, a short hairstyle would look great with those curls and waves!
2. Get the perfect blowout with hot air Cold air gets you the right blowout for your curls. To prevent frizz, alternate between hot and cold air and finish your blow out with a cold blast. The cold air helps to close up the hair cuticle and gives your hair that shine you have always wanted!
3. Use both, a conditioner and a leave-in conditioner No ladies, all you really need is one great conditioner! Mix the same with some water in a spray bottle and use it as a leave-in conditioner. Spray the same onto your hair to get that voluminous look for your bouncy curls.
4. Never use your fingers to apply a product You must use your fingers to apply the styling product onto your hair! Work the product in a downward motion and separate the sections of your hair. This helps to distribute the product evenly and detangle the knots from your hair.
5. To prevent overheating, shake your hairdryer Shaking the hairdryer will still overheat your hair. Place the hair dryer at least 6 inches away from the head and don’t stay on the same section for more than a few seconds at a time. The trick is to keep moving your hair dryer up and down so that your curly hair does not get overheated.