5 Tips To Protect Hair From Dust And Pollution
We’ve all had to face the ugly wrath of pollution as soon as we step out of the house. It doesn’t matter if your hair is freshly washed and perfectly styled or not – the moment you step out, things start going downhill. In a city like Mumbai, where traffic, air pollution, and humidity all come together to triple attack your hair every day resulting in damaged hair and scalp, taking extra measures to protect yourself from this catastrophe is a must. Here are 5 simple steps you can take to protect your hair from pollution damage – How To Protect Your Hair From Pollution
1. Pamper Yourself With Steam Pollutants often suck the moisture out of your hair and scalp, leaving the hair dry, thin, and prone to damage. A good way to battle this problem is opting for a weekly steam bath. It will not only replenish the moisture but also encourage hair growth. It will also open up the pores of your scalp and thoroughly rid the hair of any deep-rooted pollution particles. This doesn’t mean you have to go for an expensive spa treatment, of course. A hot towel and a steamy bathroom is all you need to give your hair this fix.
2. Use The Right Shampoo and Conditioner Understand your hair type first and then choose the right hair care products for yourself. Do you have naturally oily or dry hair? Do you have normal-to-dry hair or normal-to-oily hair? If your hair tends to lean on the dryer side of the spectrum, then you need to use a moisture-rich shampoo and conditioners like the BBLUNT Intense Moisture Shampoo , BBLUNT Intense Moisture Duo, BBLUNT Smooth Hair Duo, and Conditioner. If your hair generally becomes oily and greasy easily, use the BBLUNT Perfect Balance Shampoo, BBLUNT Perfect Balance Duo + Dry Shampoo, BBLUNT Perfect Balance Duo + Curl Defining Cream and Conditioner as this will take care of the moisture while making sure your scalp doesn’t become too oily. The right kind of shampoo will make your hair healthy and clean without stripping it off its natural nutrients.
3. Add Extra Protection It’s important to make sure that your hair is well protected – both in terms of physical protection and nourishment before you step out of the house. Keeping your head covered and your hair tied up while travelling in an open train or auto is always good practice. Besides that, using the BBLUNT Intense Moisture Hair Serum, BBLUNT Friday Night Fever Trio, BBLUNT Smooth Hair Duo, BBLUNT Soft Hair Duo, BBLUNT Intense Moisture Trio helps a lot. It will provide your hair with an extra layer of protection, preventing the polluted air from damaging or drying out your hair texture.
4. Increase Your Protein Intake While using the right kind of hair products is important, products can only do so much for your hair. The long-term solution to keeping your hair healthy in any situation is to keep a healthy diet and in this case a protein-rich diet. Hair strands are made up of protein-fibres, and a protein-rich diet will strengthen your hair and encourage hair growth. Eggs, lentils, fish, leafy greens, etc. are must-have hair foods if you want to flaunt healthy hair at all times.
5. Keep A Clean Scalp Oily and greasy hair will only attract more pollutants, dust particles, and dirt to your hair. Make sure your hair isn’t oily – definitely do not step out of the house directly after an oil massage – and try to keep your scalp as clean as possible. Shampooing your hair every day isn’t good for your hair either, and this is when your dry shampoo can save you. The BBLUNT Classic Back To Life Dry Shampoo For Instant Freshness, BBLUNT Friday Night Fever Trio, and BBLUNT Dry Shampoo Mini Trio is perfect for second-day hair to remove the grease and dirt without sucking out the moisture from your hair.
Follow these 5 tips to beat the pollution this summer. Need more ways to handle your hair problems? Check out these Expert Tips From Hairstylists You Need To Know.